A trip to Warner Bros / Harry Potter Studio Tour (and a mini rant!)

1.10.16

Wow.. I am actually blogging about something the same week that it happened. This is progress! You can tell I'm feeling a bit better can't you?!

We didn't manage to get away on a last minute break in the sunshine during Paul's two weeks off work, as originally planned, but we did manage a few days in Matlock, an overnight stay at a spa hotel, a weekend in Cleethorpes for a music festival, and an afternoon at the Warner Bros Studio Tour, so it's not all bad! 

I visited four years ago so I was itching to go back and I wasn't disappointed. As well as the amazing sets and props that were there last time there was a lot of new stuff too, like the train station section with the Hogwarts Express! We really took our time looking at all the detail, reading the information boards, having our photo taken in a flying car, and generally having a ball. 


I am as guilty as the rest when it comes to taking lots of photos and videos, and not always taking experiences in properly, so I have made a conscious effort lately to focus on what is happening around me with my eyes rather than looking through my camera or phone. 

One thing I found about this trip, which didn't happen last time, was how manic a few of the areas were. At times it was impossible to see/read things because of all the cameras, phones and selfie sticks attempting to take in every little detail. Don't get me wrong, I like to take photos as much as the next person, but some people seemed to be viewing the whole experience through the video mode on their phones and not actually looking at things with their eyes. One lady caused a huge pile-up spending ten minutes perfecting the perfect selfie with one of the sets in the background.

Anyway, rant over. I will stop being a grumpy old lady now! If you haven't been here yet I suggest you book tickets ASAP because it's an amazing attraction with so much detail; well worth the £35 ticket price. I won't spoil it by posting too many photos because I want you to see for yourself! 


 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day. I've been twice before but tempted to go back a third time now and see the Hogwarts Express section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely do - it's a really fun section. You can go inside the train too! x

      Delete
  2. I loved this place, I visited years ago (just after we were victims of fraud so couldn't spend any money!) and agree with the manic-ness of it. Just spoilt it for everyone else.

    Charli Blogs: Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Animals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to stop being one of 'those' people and just enjoy my surroundings. Might go early morning next time to avoid the lunchtime rush! x

      Delete
  3. that post remind me my visit to HP Studio about 2 years ago! great pictures too :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. I've never been, but it's definitely on my bucket list! This post made me excited to finally go one day. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do make sure you go - you won't regret it! My chap isn't a huge HP fan like me but he was blown away by the whole experience. It's so good! xx

      Delete
  5. I went on the tour in August and loved it but it was crowded! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the school holidays are crazy busy! xx

      Delete
  6. I went here a couple of Christmases ago and for want of a better word it was...magical! I'm glad you had a fab time, a shame some people were a bit selfish though! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's amazing when the Christmas decorations are up!! :)

      Delete