Novemblog #13 - the one where I had a bad day.

13.11.16

This morning we wrapped up and went for a stroll round Botanical Gardens in an attempt to dust off the cobwebs that have taken a permanent residence in my head. 

At the moment I feel exactly like I did this time last year when I had glandular fever, and I'm absolutely devastated. I've lost about 15 months of my life to feeling ill and there's no end in sight. I feel like I've started going backwards. I could cope with the chronic fatigue syndrome, just about, but not this. The glandular fever symptoms are so much worse. It is so frustrating and confusing to be no further on than I was last November. Instead of good days and bad days I now just have consecutive bad days. I wake up feeling like I've got the flu and I go to bed feeling the same. I have no appetite. My favourite foods are completely unappealing to me. My neck glands feel like they are ten times their normal size. My head constantly throbs and make me feel disorientated and confused. My ears buzz and hum, feeling like poison is swimming around in my brain. This can't be right?!

So today I have less of a feel good post and more of a real life post, where I am coming up to 32 years old and feel like my life is over because I can't seem to get better. I've put all of my energy and money (hundreds and hundreds of pounds) into different treatments and diets and supplements but nothing works. Everyone is out there working, getting married, having babies, living their lives, and I can't do any of that because my body has other ideas. Why did this have to happen to me..?

I wish you all a happy and healthy Sunday and I will be back tomorrow with something a little cheerier I'm sure. Vx


10 comments:

  1. I don't really know what to say to make you feel better but I didn't want to read and dash. I do hope you start to feel better soon. Having not had glandular fever before I can't imagine how you're feeling - but if you ever need to rant my internet ears are here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment - it means a lot!! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Hope today is a better day for you...I know how you feel I also live with a chronic illness and although I seem to be feeling better the past few weeks...I never know what tomorrow will bring. Good days and bad days just take each day as it comes...it might not be tomorrow, next week or next month but it will get better xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm sorry you are struggling too <3 xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you're still feeling so terrible :( I truly hope it gets better soon xx

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comments you always leave that cheer me up.xx

      Delete
  4. I hope you turn a corner with your health struggles really soon. Lots of love. Janie.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish you all the best! life can be hard some time, but hold on, and move on!

    ReplyDelete