Novemblog #2 - turmeric milk.

2.11.16

I am always looking for new recipes to try, and I was keen to incorporate turmeric into my diet due to its curative properties, so when I spotted turmeric milk a little while ago I was keen to try it. Did you know turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and anti inflammatory, and some say it can help to prevent cancer!?

I have a cup before bed sometimes and it's the perfect comforter to help relax me and send me off to sleep. I make mine with a mug of non-dairy milk (rice, oat, or unsweetened almond usually), 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, and a tiny sprinkle of black pepper. I heat it slowly on the hob, continually stirring, until it is at drinking temperature. 


It may sound gross but it tastes really comforting and it's good for you! I tend to keep a spoon to hand to keep stirring it otherwise some of the cinnamon and turmeric tends to settle at the bottom.

If you give it a whirl let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. This actually sounds really good! I may have to try it.

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Renee, give it a whirl! Especially on these cold dark evenings.x

      Delete
  2. I tried one of these for the first time in a café last week and it was so good! Definitely going to try to re-create one at home as turmeric has so many benefits. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never seen them in a cafe! That's ace.x

      Delete