5 good things (new friends and old favourites).

12.1.17

It would be a fair statement to say that December and January have been far from "good" but I am trying this new thing where I focus on the positives instead of the negatives so with that being said, here are 5 good things from recent weeks.

1) A cup of tea and a good chat with an online-turned-real-life friend (hi Lauren!) We have been in touch for a while now, keeping each other up to date with the ups and downs of our lives/love lives and we finally met on Tuesday. I had such a lovely time; I could have chatted all afternoon! 

2) Moving to a house right next to a canal. This means my walks have become a lot more visually pleasing! Tonight I went for a quick stroll and the sky was the most beautiful colour, the ducks were out, I was wrapped up warm but the wind wasn't too cold on my nose, and I felt really grateful that I had somewhere like that on the doorstep to lift my spirits.


3) The return of the Undateables on the telly. Without a doubt one of my all time favourite things to watch! 

4) Finally getting round to seeing Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I took myself off for a cinema date for one, and left with a new appreciation of Eddie Redmayne. He's rather lovely isn't it? Aside from enjoying him I also really enjoyed the film.

5) Getting back into reading. This time last year I could barely find the energy to hold a book up or the space in my brain to process the words. I might not be where I want to be health-wise but I am getting through books at a fast pace and that is amazing progress. Also I forgot how much I love reading!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh any good book recommendations? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look out for reviews on my blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't get the Eddie Redmayne thing either until I watched Fantastic Beasts! It's great to get back into reading, would love any recs x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be reviewing every book I read throughout 2017, so stay tuned :) xx

      Delete
  3. love this post! Eddie was hot in fantastic beasts- can't wait to see the rest of the series. Has got me all excited for that wonderful magical world again. Hoping to go to Harry potter studios in a few months- loved your post on that too :)

    Your new home and area sounds really pretty!


    Undatables and first dates are some of my favourite shows. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah HP Studios is ace - have a fab time when you go! xx

      Delete