Goals / gentle reminders for 2017.

8.1.17

Long time no speak! I hope you all had a good Christmas? I took a blogging break throughout December and it was nice to step away from it for a short while, but now I am raring to start writing again. December turned out to be one of the most eventful months of my life, but more on that another time. Today I'm talking goals! 

I keep reading that you shouldn't share your goals because they're more likely to fail, but mine are more like gentle reminders of things I need to see written down in black and white, to help me stay focused and positive. 

- 2017 is going to be all about me, myself and I. I spent the whole of last year worrying about how my ill health was affecting other people to the point where I was walking on eggshells, becoming very withdrawn and negative which was potentially delaying my recovery even further.  I don't want to feel bad or guilty for the changes I have had to make to my diet, sleep routine, habits, and life in general because essentially they're all going to help me live my life to the full again! I also don't want to beat myself up about being negative and not always being the best person I could be last year, because it has been an enormous struggle and I really have done my best to battle through it, despite what other people think.  

- Spend more time writing on my blog and sharing what's going on in my life with you guys. This year is going to be a big one for me with lots of changes and I want to talk about it all (warts and all!). There are going to be ups and downs, highs and lows, and that is the rollercoaster of life. I used to resist it and now I embrace it because honestly, the last few years of my life have been crazy / stressful / amazing / happy / sad, and everything in between. If you want to read a blog of a 30-something who has her life together then you are most definitely in the wrong place. 


- Meet some of my blog friends. When I first started blogging in 2009/2010 I went to quite a few events all over the country. I remember being nervous but it never stopped me going and enjoying myself. These days the thought of doing the train journey alone fills me with terror. In some ways I am more confident than I was back then but when it comes to meeting new people I am definitely a scaredy cat. I don't know how or why this came to be but I know that I don't like it and I want to change it. I want to escape my comfortable little bubble which actually isn't so comfortable anymore. 

- Stop putting so much pressure on myself to go to bed and wake up "fixed". As my mum quite rightly pointed out I didn't get into this pickle overnight so it's not going to clear off overnight. I have come to realise that I put humongous amounts of pressure on myself to get better by a certain day or event, and then I'm constantly disappointed when it doesn't happen and so the vicious cycle continues. When I sit and really think about it I have made huge progress since this time last year and if I keep going it will lead to good things. And boy when the day comes that I feel better I am going to be one happy chappy! 


What are your goals for this year? 

6 comments:

  1. My only goal is to take things one day at a time...I keep trying to plan for days/weeks/months in advance and end up in a massive melt-down! Good luck with your goals my lovely, here's to a really great 2017! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a very sensible plan to me! Live in the now :)

      Delete
  2. My goals for 2017 are exactly the same! Setting goals is good, it's good to have something to focus on. Just remember no one has their shit together! Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I'm coming to realise - even if they portray that they do through clever social media :) x

      Delete
  3. I have followed your blog for a long time now, and I love your posts and you are always upbeat, even when things get rough. You are more inspirational than you think. And unfortunately, sometimes we have to be selfish, so you are doing the right thing by making this year about you. No one's life is perfect, no matter how much they make it out to be. Keep smiling :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Best comment ever. Thank you xx

      Delete